CMBA FALL NEWSLETTER - Important upcoming events and information
With Fall well under way, we here at CMBA, hope the transition from Summer to Fall with getting back into the routine of school and other sports has gone well for you and your family.
While the 2018 Baseball season is still a ways off, CMBA is in the process of preparing for the upcoming season with Provincial championship host applications, equipment ordering, facility booking, Fall and Winter training programs, Rep coach selection, upcoming AGM, coach and player development plans as well as working with the city to get more field space / upgrades and a long time goal of having an indoor training facility / batting cages.
There are a couple things we would like to make you aware of:
1. Our new business sponsorship program – this is a chance for businesses to partner with CMBA in helping to make our association better for the community. Please see the post under Sponsorship on the CMBA website. You will find a form letter you can download and fill in with sponsors name, date and your name under DOCUMENTS – Sponsorship and Fundraising
2. Single Season Rep (College Prep, Bantam AAA and AA and Pee Wee AA (2 teams) coaching application requests were sent out and are due October 15 and to be submitted to Coach Development Director Brent Bogart firstname.lastname@example.org
3. AGM for Chilliwack Minor Baseball will be December 13 at 7pm at Evergreen Hall located at 9291 Corbould St, Chilliwack, BC
4. CMBA is looking for a few members to participate in our growing association by becoming board members to help lead and guide us in the coming years. There are so many exciting things happening – come out and be a part! Please submit your intention to apply for a board position to Jeremy Hall – email@example.com with a brief description of who you are and why you would like to help out. You don’t even need to know anything about baseball – there is always need for help with event organizing, planning, registration and other administrative tasks.
5. Registration will open December 1, 2017 for our members from last season and then be open to all starting December 8, 2017.
6. Stay tuned for Rep coach announcement and tryout dates.
7. Winter training options will be posted to web site in the next month and emails sent to specific divisions. Bantam and Midget / College Prep training is set to start this week and next (Email Jason Emery – firstname.lastname@example.org for Bantam and Colleen Weasley – Colleen.Wensley@rona.ca for Midget/Prep. If you wish to help with any of these sessions please email our Player Development Director Jason Emery email@example.com
8. Chilliwack has been awarded HOST ASSOCIATION for the 2018 College Prep, Bantam AAA and Mosquito Tier 1 PROVINCIALS – this is a super exciting opportunity for these teams and our association!
CHILLIWACK MINOR BASEBALL FUNDRASING PROGRAM
Chilliwack Minor baseball is undergoing the biggest growth curve ever and our facilities are barely meeting current needs and certainly won’t meet future demand. So, together CMBA and the city have been working to help find additional space so the sport can continue to grow. Also, Chilliwack is one of the very few cities that doesn’t have a proper clubhouse for storage and a training/batting center to help our kids reach whatever ambitious goals that they may have for the sport. CMBA doesn’t want to just get by, we want to be among the elite baseball providing cities in the province and to do that we need to upgrade our facilities and to do that we need a LOT of funds.
So, here is your son or daughter’s chance to earn some REAL money all the while helping the sport they love to play. The city has allowed the east and north side of the concession walls to be used for advertising the local companies that help fund CMBA and that’s where your kids come in. We need them to sell advertising! Check out below the commissions we are willing to pay out. You would have October to the end of January to sell and submit the cheques and the ad space would go up in late March and remain for 1 year – all throughout the spring, summer and fall ball seasons.
Diamond Sponsor – $5000 a year (sold yearly).*
(Cheques to be made out to Chilliwack Minor Baseball.)
• Large logo onto the east side of the concession wall. The title on the wall would be “please help support the businesses that support you.”
• Sponsor would also get a clickable logo to their website on our website should they choose.
• This level would also get the largest logo on the portable banner that each travel team would proudly carry and put up on their dugout for every home and away game.
• Logo on the sandwich board that would be put up at picture night, wrap up day, the ice breaker tourney or anything else that we do like hosting a provincial tourney etc.
• League appreciation plaque with personalized inscription from the league.
• Business name on a team uniform or all the teams in a division pending level of participation at this level. For example, if we have only a couple Diamond Sponsors, then the sponsor would get their name/business name on all shirts for an entire division and if we are lucky enough to get several diamond sponsors then their name/business name will appear on a team’s shirt or series of teams pending the amount of diamond sponsors.
• YOUR CHILD’S COMMISSION – for all advertising sold your child will receive 20% in commissions, so in this case if they were able to sell this level to a business then they would receive a cheque directly from us for $1000. Pretty cool right? We will even issue a T4 slip at the end of the year with your child’s name on there for kids that make over $500 in commissions.
Platinum Sponsor $2000 a year (sold yearly).*
• Logo would be roughly half the size of Diamond and pending amount of Diamond sponsorships, it could be on the east wall first then north wall if the space was needed.
• Logo would also be on the travel banner as well that all travel teams will carry with them, but their logo here will also be about half the size of the diamond one.
• Smaller League appreciation plaque with personalized inscription from the league.
• For every Platinum sponsorship sold, your child will receive $400.
Gold Sponsor – $1000 a year (sold yearly)
• Sponsor company name only on the north wall or again perhaps the east wall pending the success of the above two options.
• Sponsorship names only would be on the travel team banners.
• For every Gold sponsor sale, your child would receive $200 in commissions.
NOTE: Commissions on all sales are only paid AFTER the sponsor cheque cashes. Please co-ordinate with me for cheque and logo submission and payouts will be done before the end of April and yes CMBA is happy to provide an “invoice” to each sponsor should they ask/require it.
We realize this is very ambitious, but in order to be among the elite baseball cities in the province, we need to have among the best facilities, coaching and training center and that is what this money will start to go towards. If anyone has any questions at all please call me…thank you and best of luck selling!
Kent Middlemiss CMBA Director firstname.lastname@example.org 604-787-0674